Acrylic Please – Hold the Odor!
Welcome to the world of Sheba Nails!! You are about to experience an odorless acrylic system that is easy to use and best of all Odor Free
ODORLESS ACRYLIC PROCEDURE
1. BEFORE YOU BEGIN, WASH YOUR HANDS AND HAVE YOUR CLIENT DO THE SAME WITH SHEBA PH BALANCING SCRUB OR DISINFECT WITH SHEBA DISINFECTING SANITIZER
2. WITH A SOFT, CLEAN FILE, REMOVE THE SHINE OFF THE NAIL BED.MAKE SURE TO PUSH THE CUTICLE BACK.
3. (OPTIONAL) APPLY PRIMER TO THE NAIL PLATE ONLY. LET DRY TO A CHALKY WHITE. IF IT DOES NOT DRY TO A CHALKY WHITE, RE-PRIME.
NOTE: SHOULD YOUR CLIENT EXPERIENCE A REACTION TO PRIMER, MIX 2OZ OF WATER TO TABLESPOON OF BAKING SODA; THIS WILL NEUTRALIZE ANY PRIMER REACTION AS PRIMER IS AN ACID.
4. APPLY NAIL FORMS TO ALL 10 NAILS.THE FORMS SHOULD FIT UNDER THE FREE EDGE AND ALLOW THE CONTOUR. HOLD THE FORM BETWEEN FINGERS AND CURVE IT BY PRESSING THE SIDES AGAINST THE SKIN.
5. POUR LIQUID AND POWDER INTO 2 SEPARATE DAPPEN DISHES (FOR SANITATION)
DIP YOUR BRUSH IN THE LIQUID AND TAKE OFF EXESS LIQUID, WIPE SOME LIQUID IN PAPER TOWEL (IF NECESSARY)
NOTE: YOUR RATIO OF POWDER TO LIQUID IS 1 TO 1. UNLIKE TRADITIONAL ACRYLICS TOO MUCH LIQUID WILL PRODUCE A THIN, WEAK NAIL. DO NOT USE THE ODORLESS SYSTEM TO WET. PRODUCT WILL START MELTING WHEN IN TOUCH WITH THE NAIL BED. JUST GUIDE THE PRODUCT GENTLY.IT WILL START SELF LEVELING INTO PLACE.
6. RE-DIP THE BRUSH IN THE LIQUID LIGHTLY, REMEMBERING THAT YOU DON’T NEED AS MUCH LIQUID AS FOR TRADITIONAL ACRYLICS. MAKE A BALL USING THE TIP OF THE BRUSH. THE SIDE IF THE BALL WILL DEPEND ON THE AREA ON THE NAIL AND HOW LIGHTLY YOU PULL THE BRUSH ACROSS THE POWDER.
AREA SCULPTING- THERE IS 3 AREAS TO SCULPT:
7. APPLY A DRY WHITE BALL TO THE STRESS AREA AND FREE EDGE, WHERE THE NAIL AND FORM MEET. PRESS THE BALL FROM SIDE TO SIDE TAPERING THE SIDES DOWN TO A THIN, CLEAN EDGE AND LEAVING THE STRESS AREA A LITTLE THICKER FOR STRENGTH.
8. WIPE THE BRUSH ON A PAPER TOWEL BEFORE RE-DIPPING IN LIQUID TO PREVENT CONTAMINATION OF THE LIQUID.
9. APPLY A SMALLER DRY BALL OF CLEAR POWDER BEHIND THE FIRST IN THE STRESS AREA.PLACE THE BALL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NAIL TO HELP CREATE THE ARCH OF THE NAIL
10. PICK UP A SMALLER BALL AND APPLY TO CUTICLE ARES (LET SELF LEVEL AND BRUSH DOWN THE NAIL AS YOU WOULD NAIL POLISH.)
NOTE: LET THE NAIL HARDEN BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE FORM. THE SURFACE WILL BE A LITTLE SOFT.YOU WILL BE FILING THIS OFF. TAP THE NAIL WITH THE BRUSH AND IF YOU HEAR CLICK SOUND, IT IS READY TO FILE.
NOTE: THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL BUT HELP YOU SPEED UP THE DRY PROCESS.
NEW “ACRYSET” LETS YOU FILE THE NAIL AS YOU WOULD A TRADITIONAL ACRYLIC.
AS SOON AS YOU APPLY THE ACRYLIC IN TO A NAIL, (RIGHT AFTER) APPLY A LIGHT COAT OF ACRYSET INSTANT DRY (HARDLY TOUCHING THE NAIL, COVER IT USING A WINDSHIELD MOTION) NAIL WILL DRY SUPER FAST. FILE AS DESIRED AND ENJOY A FREE ODOR ACRYLIC!
ANOTHER TIP IS: WIPE NAIL OFF WITH ALCOHOL AND YOU’LL GET RID OF THAT GUMMY LAYER.NOW IT’S READY TO FILE.
GREAT NEWS!!!: I think our large clientele interested in using this acrylic for those clients that want acrylics but not the odor would like to know of an easier way to cure and dry it to a smooth finish.
A lot of nail techs do not like to use odorless acrylic because they don't like the gummy layer left even when it is dry. Many people just buff off the gummy layer but others use ACRYSET to make it dry instantly and be able to file as traditional acrylics.
Well, this is the latest news…
Once you apply the acrylic in one hand, place the hand in a bowl of tap water for about 5 to 10 minutes or while you work in applying the acrylic to the other hand. Repeat to the other hand.
When you take the fingers out of the water apply one drop of oil in each nail and rub on each nail. Then buff or file if needed.
The acrylic looks absolutely smooth and beautiful and the most important -NO ODOR!
What you need to know to be successful with odorless acrylic:
· Cure time is slightly slower than traditional acrylics
· Much less liquid is needed for an easy, self-leveling application
· Odorless acrylic dries with a slight tacky layer, this can easily be wiped off with alcohol, alcohol wipes or use Acryset Instant Sealer that leaves a glossy finish
QUESTIONS? CALL FOR TECHNICAL ADVICE 313-291-8010